Monday, October 25, 2010
A Very Special Gift
t'was a few years ago -- maybe 5 or 4 -- when I felt like a statistic. just part of the flow. all my life, i wanted to be an outlier. someone that stands above the crowd. Reality check, I was just a nameless face in the crowd. heading nowhere. ambitions unaccomplished. POtentials unrealized. Twas that time I was caught in a tumultous mixture of emotional turmoil and frustrations like a potent chemical cocktail waiting to explode and implode at the same time. as i was trying to steer the oars of my drifting existence -- i met the person whom I would later found out --- give me the greatest gift. With her caring touch and kind words -- she helped me become whole once again. i was back in no time at all. i smiled and said thanks that my prayers were answered. the person i was looking for came into my life when i felt like there was no one waiting me on this One Way Street. i declare -- she was and still is my greatest gift. the smile that illuminates my soul, the words that soothe my aches, the present that made me dream once more. made me care deeply. prodded me to love like there was no tomorrow. i can only hope that i am also a special gift to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment